Tennis is a game that demands patience from its new players. One cannot excel in this amazing game in just one day. It requires a lot of patience and top-notch skills. One, therefore, needs high skills to excel in the sport. The game is also highly competitive. Thus, the skills required must be highly competent. Beginners also need to get the training from the very first day, accordingly. Apart from the right training, it is also necessary to have a direction. No tennis coach can teach his or her players all the tricks and tips that are necessary to excel in the game for the very beginning. Here are, therefore, a few tips for new tennis players to play the game extraordinarily.
Top Tips For New Tennis Players
- Tennis rackets- a variety of tennis rackets are available in the market. The quality varies and thus the rate. Expensive rackets need not be high-quality rackets. Cheap ones also come in standard quality for beginners. Apart from price, it is also necessary to match the body and grip of the beginners.
- Practice- professional players need to spend years on training to excel in their game. They have, therefore, spent years getting to where they are today. Every player has a bad day on the court. Don’t get disheartened, but continue playing. Good games are the result of great comebacks.
- Take some lessons- one cannot learn everything on his own. It is sometimes necessary to have guidance to get rid of bad habits on court. It is, therefore, essential to take some lessons from experienced players and expert coaches.
- Fitness- a good game is always a result of proper fitness. It is, therefore, always necessary to concentrate on fitness. Warm-up exercises are essential and also cool-down exercises after the game. Stretching and relieving tension from muscles is equivalently helpful.
Some More Tips To Excel The Game
- Stay hydrated- each game and practice requires strength. Strength comes from burning energy and sweating profusely. It is, therefore, necessary to stay hydrated and consume plenty of liquids. Lemon water and protein shakes are the best among all to maintain energy and stay hydrated.
- Hitting the tennis ball- after learning to hold the racket correctly, it is not very difficult to hit the ball. It is, however, always advised to hit the ball at the waist height. It is easier to take a shot after the ball bounces and reaches the waist height.
- Improve the speed- improving agility and speed are other vital factors of developing the game. Apart from strength, the game is also a mind game. With correct speed and agility, it is easy to target the opponent’s mind.
- Boost-up the stamina- proper practice, sweating, and staying hydrated help in boosting the strength. It is also necessary to keep in practice regularly and not sporadic. Running, jogging, and aerobics are also fruitful.
- Focus on the present and not past- bygones are bygones and let it be that way. Focus on current, rather than repenting over the lost point. Stay in the present and concentrate on winning the existing score. Taking one point at a time shall be beneficial.
Following the tips mentioned above can be fruitful for all the budding tennis players. It may not be easy initially, but following them religiously can make a difference in the game.